Friday, January 9, 2009

Frugal Living for Me

I am trying very hard to be as frugal as possible. It is a fun game for me! I love saving money! The problem has been not buying just because it is a "deal." So far, so good. I am trying to plan out our meals and only buy what we need for our plan - or what I KNOW that I can integrate into our plan in upcoming weeks. I have also unsubscribed to all email "ads" and have removed all catalogs from the house. It is much easier when you are not tempted by the cute items that you can get so inexpensively. But, it isn't about how much money I can save when I buy something but how much money that have left over to pay down our debt with! I am trying to remind myself of this and push forward. Not a hard goal as it is one that I am pursuing strongly and am in great desire to fulfill. My best strategy? Going to the store as little as possible! The less often I am there, the less money that I spend. This is what works best for me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about not having the catalogs or e-mails - I don't even look at the weekly flyers anymore. If I'm at the store, I can check the ad when I walk in. The catalogs & flyers go from the mailbox to the recycle bin. It's amazing how much stuff you don't need if you don't see the ads!
    Hope you went to sleep shortly after you wrote this :-)

    ReplyDelete

Topics