Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Bed

Where is your favorite place at your house to be? Mine is my bed! No, not for sleeping or other fun activities ;-) although I do enjoy those endeavors very much! My bed is a place that I love to spend time in alone or with DH or our DSs. I enjoy laying around on our bed just talking about our day or even more important topics such as our inner most thoughts and dreams or the problems we are facing. It is interesting that the bed brings an intimacy in our conversations that is unmatched (I am referring to ANY time of the day while on top of a made bed and fully clothed). We feel better able to share our thoughts and feelings and they seem to flow better out of the unconscious. Tickle matches with the kids are great on the bed. My bed represents a safe place. It is cozy and warm. It comforts me. It is a place that I can be completely myself. I love laying in bed and reading. There is something about being curled up in the covers with *my* pillow while immersing myself in a good book. Even as I type this, I am sitting on my bed enjoying the comfort that my bed affords me. I think that part of the draw of my bed is the fact that growing up, my bed was the ONLY place that was truly my own. You see, I have always shared a room with my sister who is 19 months younger than me (most of the time that was a 10' x 10' room with only enough room for each of us to have a bed and a dresser and a 4' space between). And, being that we were so close in age we shared most everything - whether we wanted to or not. So, my bed was the only thing that I could always count on as being only mine. It was my sanctuary, and it still is. I am very blessed to have such a warm and cozy place to retreat to!

1 comment:

  1. That is a neat story! Makes me want to curl up in bed with a good book!

    Faith

    ReplyDelete

Topics